There is nothing more honorable or satisfying than helping another in need.
- Child Development Division
- Familia Center/Beach Flats Community Center
- La Manzana Community Resources
- Meals on Wheels
Child Development Division
We need your help to make our child care program as enriching and exciting as possible. Adults over 18 can volunteer in our childcare centers in a number of ways.
Please call our Child Development Division at (831) 454-9920.
Volunteer with Children:
Volunteer with Teachers:
Volunteer with our Director:
We also are in need of volunteers to offer activities. Someone who paints; plays a musical instrument; is in a band and would be willing to play for the participants; or does a craft that they are willing to teach.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Elderday at (831) 458-3481.
Familia Center/Beach Flats Community Center
Volunteering opportunities are available with our youth and food distribution programs. Volunteers of all ages are encouraged to apply, it is not necessary that you speak Spanish.
Help is needed in preparing bags for distribution on the day before the distribution and packaging rice and beans. Please contact Edgar Landeros at email@example.com or call 831-423-5747 ext. 15 for food distribution volunteer opportunities.
After School Homework Club
Afternoon home work assistance is provided for youth in grades 5th through 8th grade.
Teen Home Work Club
Evening Home Work Club for 9th, 10th and 11th grades meets Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6-8:00 pm.
Volunteer requirements for the youth programs:
- be available for 3 hours, once a week, Monday-Thursday, for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- meet with staff for an orientation
- select to work from 3:30-5:30 pm with the After School Homework Club or from 6:00 to 8:00 pm with the Teen Club.
- volunteers over 18 years are required to be finger printed.
- if under 18, high school or middle school volunteers do not need to be finger printed.
If you are interested at volunteering at Familia Center, please call 831-423-5747.
La Manzana Community Resources
We welcome and encourage volunteers of all ages, talents, and abilities. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Tutoring for our literacy programs. You can either tutor adults in Spanish literacy (help Spanish speaking adults learn to read and write in Spanish) or tutor in our ESL class (help Spanish speaking adults transition to English).
- Office Assistance
- Community Outreach
- Bilingual Client Advocacy
- Tutoring Spanish Literacy
- Spanish and English language tutors
- Advisory Council
For more information, please call La Manzana Community Resources at (831) 724-2997
Meals on Wheels
We have several ways you can volunteer at Meals on Wheels. You can help with the home-delivered meals, dining sites, or businesses can partner with us in the "Let's Do Lunch" program.
- Home-Delivered Meals - Meals are dispatched from 10:00 am – noon, Monday – Friday from our kitchen location in Live Oak. You can deliver as little as once a month or as often as you please.
- Dining Sites - Dining sites are great places to get to know the seniors in your community. Assist at one of our locations in Santa Cruz, Live Oak, Ben Lomond, Scotts Valley and Watsonville. Assistance with phones, clerical support or entertainment are also welcomed.
- "Let's Do Lunch" - Opportunities for business involvement with our “Let’s Do Lunch” program are also available. Meals are delivered to your business for dispatch near your location.
To volunteer, please call Meals on Wheels at (831) 464-3180 ext. 104
We welcome volunteers to help us in our fundraising efforts. If you have a background or interest in writing and public relations, we could use your help!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Office assistance
- Community outreach
- Help with our fundraising activities, such as mailings and events
For more information, please call the Philanthropy Department at (831) 688-8840 ext 203.
All of our programs are always looking for volunteers.
For more information or for questions, please call