What is a Community Resource Center?
La Manzana Community Resources is a neighborhood and community-based center where families can receive a broad range of direct services, as well as information and referrals to other programs that may be of assistance to their specific needs.
The mission of La Manzana Community Resources is to connect people to services. Our activities respect all cultures and support families in creating a strong, safe, and healthy community.
Adelante - Drop-in Center
- Legal and Financial Referral
- Access to Quality Childcare
- Family Advocacy
- Resource Parent and Relative Caregivers Support (Roots & Wings)
- Parent and Child education and support
- Assistance with various Public Benefit Forms, including, but not limited
- Social Security
- Food Stamps
- Healthy Families
- Healthy Kids
- Passport Applications
- Comprehensive Information and Referral
Monday through Thursday 8:15 am - 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:15 am - 12:00 pm
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P): Parenting strategies and tools provided individually or in a group setting.
- Play & Learn: Parents and their young children learn fundamentals through play.
- Renacer: Support group for parents of children with special needs.
- Adult Spanish Literacy
- English Classes for Monolingual Spanish Speakers
- Entry Level/Basic Computer Navigation
- Food Distribution
- Summer Lunch
- Advisory Council
We welcome and encourage volunteers of all ages, talents, and abilities. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Tutoring for our literacy programs. You can either tutor adults in Spanish literacy (help Spanish speaking adults learn to read and write in Spanish) or tutor in our ESL class (help Spanish speaking adults transition to English).
- Office Assistance
- Community Outreach
- Bilingual Client Advocacy
- Tutoring Spanish Literacy
- Spanish and English language tutors
- Advisory Council
Donations Wish List
We are also looking for some items that would make our Literacy program better for the kids that accompany their parents. For example:
- Picture books and easy to read book in English and Spanish
- Two small book shelves to accommodate the books in our Literacy Center and our Drop-in Center
- Art supplies for children
- A play pen/portable crib for babies.
For LMCR in general, we happily accept donations of
- school supplies
- gift cards for teenagers to purchase school clothes. We have many families with teens that are struggling to get their kids clothes for the school year.
Any assistance in this manner would be greatly appreciated.
For more information, please contact us at: (831) 724-2997
In partnership with Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), PAPÁS Supporting Fatherhood Involvement, Child Development Resource Center (CDRC), , County of Monterey, SCCCC Youth Services , Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County, The Watsonville Law Center
Funded in part by First
5 Santa Cruz County, County of Santa Cruz, City
Foundation of Santa Cruz County, State of California
Department of Education